Chalmers & Kubeck Consolidated Green Tag Service Centers provide prompt delivery from one of the largest pressure relief valve inventories anywhere. We carry a combined total of approximately $14 Million in new Consolidated Relief Valves and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Replacement Parts in our C&K family of companies and have an additional $50 Million available from our Green Tag network associates.
Our Sales Engineers are happy to help you choose the correct relief valve for your critical application. Learn more about the Consolidated valve catalog and how C&K can help your facility stay compliant and operate safely. New valve sales are restricted to certain territories – we do not export or sell to exporters.
Boiler Safety Valves – ASME Section I (“V”)
C&K is pleased to provide our customers with an extensive selection of Consolidated Pressure Safety Valves in compliance with ASME Section I Code (Fired Pressure Vessel) for Boiler Applications, including the Steam Drum, Superheater, Reheaters, Economizer, and applications that benefit from Power-Actuated Relief Valves:
- Type 1700 Maxiflow Safety Valve: The Consolidated Type 1700 Maxiflow high-pressure safety valve is a premium product that is installed on most power generating stations worldwide to help protect boilers from overpressure conditions. The unique side rod design allows for thermal expansion without affecting the spring. Typical applications for Fired Boilers include Steam Drum, Superheater Main Steam Line, Cold Reheater Line, and Hot Reheater Line. This safety valve is also approved for ASME Section VIII applications.
- Type 2700 Safety Valve: The Consolidated Type 2700 safety valve is configured to meet the specific requirements of the cogeneration and waste-to-energy markets. Typical applications for Fired Boilers include Steam Drum, Superheater Main Steam Line, Cold Reheater Line, and Hot Reheater Line. This safety valve is also approved for ASME Section VIII applications.
- Type 1811 Safety Valve: The Consolidated Type 1811 safety valve is a cost-effective, high-capacity, flanged-steel safety valve for steam service. Typical applications for Fired Boilers include Steam Drum, Superheater Main Steam Line, Cold Reheater Line, and Hot Reheater Line. This safety valve is also approved for ASME Section VIII applications.
- Type 1511 Safety Valve: The Consolidated Type 1511 safety valve has brass trim and is configured for low pressure steam-heating boilers and steam generators as well as air service applications. Typical applications for Fired Boilers include the Steam Drum. This safety valve is also approved for ASME Section VIII applications.
- Type 1541/1543 Safety Valves: The Consolidated Type 1541 and Type 1543 Safety Valves have a brass base and trim are appropriate for steam and compressible fluid applications. Typical applications for Fired Boilers include the Steam Drum. These safety valves are also approved for ASME Section VIII applications and are commonly used in pharmaceutical and process plants. Compression media is limited to non-toxic, non-flammable, and non-corrosive service.
- Type 1900/P Safety Valve: The Consolidated Type 1900/P Safety Valve is configured for ASME Section I Economizer and Organic Fluid applications.
- Type 2900-40 Pilot-Operated Safety Valve: The Consolidated type 2900-40 pilot operated safety relief valve offers superior performance while meeting the stringent requirements for boiler applications. This product operates close to the set pressure and is especially suited for Economizer applications as it offers maximum seat tightness and a shorter blowdown to minimize steam loss. Other Fired Boiler applications include Steam Drum, Superheater Main Steam Line, Cold Reheater Line, and Hot Reheater Line.
- Type 3500 Electromatic Ball Valve: The Consolidated Type 3500-5 Series Electromatic Ball Valve offers manual or automatic overpressure protection for steam boiler systems and can be used to assist start-up and shut-down venting. The new enhanced design includes a superior coating and manufacturing process that enhances leak free performance, improving reliability and increasing valve service life.
Off-Boiler Safety Relief Valves – ASME Section VIII (“UV”)
C&K is pleased to provide our customers with an extensive selection of Consolidated Pressure Relief Valves in compliance with ASME Section VIII Code (Unfired Pressure Vessel) for Off Boiler Applications, including Tube-side Feedwater Heaters, Shell-side Feedwater Heaters, Deaerators, Soot Blowers, Reducing Stations, and Extraction Steam:
- Type 1900 Safety Relief Valve: The Consolidated Type 1900 safety relief valve is highly adaptable and can meet numerous application requirements. Typical Unfired Pressure Vessel Applications include L.P. Feedwater Heaters, Deaerators, H.P. Feedwater Heaters – Shell Side, Economizer, Evaporator, Flash Tank, Reducing Valve, Soot Blower, and Turbine Gland Seal. This safety relief valve is also approved for ASME Section III applications and can be configured as:
- 1900 Conventional – Eductor Tube Advantage minimized bonnet cavity pressure for predictable performance.
- 1900-30 Balanced Bellows – isolates the bonnet chamber from superimposed variable back pressure (necessary if >10% of set pressure or cold differential set pressure), process media that is a slurry or highly viscous, or process media corrosive to the valve’s upper works.
- 1900-35 Balanced Bellows with Auxiliary Balancing Piston – the advantages of a bellows design with an auxiliary balancing piston to provide redundant back pressure balancing in the event of a bellows failure.
- 1900-HA Special materials for Hydrofluoric (HF) Acid service
- 1900N NACE – reference 1900 SRV Tech-Spec
- 1900DA Soft Seat O-ring for leak free operation at 95% of set pressure with a metal back up seat for critical fire-relief applications
- 1900LA Liquid Trim with Metallic Seats
- 1900DA-LA Liquid Trim with Soft Seats
- 1900TD Thermodisc for Steam and Organic Heat Transfer Media
- 1900-DM Single Trim for both Liquid and Gas or Multi-Phase Applications. This is the first and only dual certified spring-operated relief valve for use in vapor/gas flow and liquid flow where certification is achieved without making any adjustment or modifications to the relief device. The 1900-DM safety valve is ideal for any two-phase liquid and gas application or when there is flashing or multiple relief case scenarios.
- 1900-DM-CD Cryodisc for Cryogenic Applications
- Type 19000 Safety Relief Valve: The Consolidated Type 19000 safety relief valve is available with threaded connections and offers superior capacity and blowdown performance on many media types. Typical Unfired Pressure Vessel Applications include Hydrogen Cooler, Oil Cooler, L.P. Feedwater Heaters, H.P. Feedwater Heaters – Tube Side, Make up Water Storage, Chemical Feedwater Treatment, and Evaporator. When configured as 19000-MS (Standard Design), the metal-to-metal seat construction meets API 527 seat tightness performance. When configured as 19000-DA, the addition of an O-Ring soft seat offers bubble tight seals up to 97% of set pressure when set at 101 PSIG or above. This safety relief valve is also approved for ASME Section III applications.
- Type 1982 Safety Relief Valve: The Consolidated Type 1982 Safety Relief Valve has threaded connections and is a preferred choice for OEMs and skid manufactures requiring high-relief capacity from a small valve. The Type 1982 offers superior seat tightness and blowdown performance for most media applications.
- Type 2900 Pilot Operated Safety Relief Valve: The Consolidated Type 2900 Pilot Operated Safety Relief (POSRV) has a patented design that combines the strengths of two products into one – the Type 1900 Safety Relief Valve and the Type 3900 Pilot Operated Safety Relief Valve. This full nozzle valve is the only Integrally Sensed Pilot Valve that is a direct replacement fit (both inlet and outlet connections) for API 526 Spring Operated Relief Valves. The 2900 Triple Media TM POSRV is also the industry’s first and only multi-media certified full-nozzle POSRV. If inlet line loss is an issue (>3%), this valve can also be Remote Sensed. Typical Unfired Pressure Vessel Applications include H.P. Feedwater Heaters – Shell Side, Economizer, Evaporator, Flash Tank, Reducing Valve, Soot Blower, and Turbine Gland Seal. This valve is available with a modulating or pop-action pilot.
- Type 3900 Pilot Operated Safety Relief Valve: The Type 3900 Pilot Operated Safety Relief Valve (POSRV) is a semi-nozzle non-flowing design available in a modulating or pop-action pilot. Typical Unfired Pressure Vessel Applications include Deaerators, Evaporator, and Turbine Gland Seal. The Type 3900 POSRV is suitable for overpressure protection of pressurized systems and vessels in the chemical, petrochemical, paper mills, as well as oil and gas production and transmission industries.
- Type 4900 Pilot Operated Safety Relief Valve: The Consolidated Type 4900 Pilot Operated Safety Relief Valve (POSRV) is a tubeless valve for oil and gas production in the offshore industry.
- Type 13900 Pilot Operated Safety Relief Valve: The Consolidated Type 13900 Pilot Operated Safety Relief Valve (POSRV) is configured for high-capacity steam overpressure protection for moisture separator reheater systems. Typical Unfired Pressure Vessel Applications include Turbine Bypass.
Non-Code Relief Valves
- Type 2478 Relief Valve: The Consolidated Type 2478 relief valve has threaded connections with a cast bronze bonnet, brass base and trim, and PTFE soft seats. This valve features an enclosed design for non-corrosive, thermal relief, and liquid service applications.
Why Work With C&K
At Chalmers & Kubeck, we go the extra mile for every customer. When you work with C&K, you get access to our highly trained team of Consolidated Technical Experts and Factory Trained Technicians plus our extensive inventory of Consolidated Safety Valves / Safety Relief Valves / Relief Valves and the associated OEM Replacement Parts. Additionally, our free online asset management program, VK Viewer, captures all C&K valve and actuator repair data and helps you manage your valve programs more effectively, including spare or pooled spare assets. The powerful data analytics of VK Viewer are unique in the industry and help identify “Bad Actor” valves so you can address safety issues and optimize plant uptime. We can then help you determine whether you simply need to adjust a maintenance interval, whether there is an installation or operational issue, or whether you don’t have the correct valve for the application. Consolidated has been the industry front runner in developing novel new valve technologies that may be helpful in solving some of your problematic applications. We offer a large variety of free technical training sessions and want to help you succeed – give us a call to talk with one of our subject matter experts or to schedule a training session.
Strategically located, our knowledgeable, Factory Trained & Certified Technicians, are available 24/7 to provide prompt, factory authorized repair service at one of our Ten Service Centers or at your plant site.
We understand that even a minute of downtime is too long, so we’re dedicated to providing our customers with the fastest possible response time and unparalleled service quality.
To learn more about our inventory of Consolidated relief valves or to schedule service or repair, contact us today.