A laser tracker is a measuring tool that extends a laser beam onto a target in contact with another object to be measured. By doing so, it determines the exact three-dimensional positioning of the target. Software then calculates the three-dimensional coordinates of the target to determine geometrical tolerances, angles, dimension values, and other measurements.
Chalmers & Kubeck’s laser tracker services offer measurement solutions allowing users to obtain dimensions in situations that were previously difficult or even impossible to collect. C&K’s team of engineers and laser tracker technicians will work with you to help find a laser tracking solution that fits your specific measuring needs.
With the FARO laser tracker ION, it is possible to speed up inspections, alignments, layouts, and leveling while still delivering accurate and precise readings. The laser tracker is great for taking readings over large distances while still being accurate, versatile, and portable. The FARO tracker makes on-site measuring fast and easy, reducing inspection cycle times exponentially.
You can compare these measurements against CAD data to either proceed with confidence or make any necessary adjustments in seconds.
Laser Calibration Services
Here’s an overview of C&K’s laser tracker services:
- Final part inspections
- Machine alignments and leveling
- Punch mark layouts
- Report generation
- Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) inspections
- On-site and in-shop services
Calibration is performed annually on all C&K’s laser tracker equipment. We calibrate all our equipment before daily use to ensure accuracy.
GD&T Measurement Specifications
Several geometric dimensioning and tolerancing factors involve:
- Datums: Software provides the capability of assigning datums and calculating GD&T to those datums.
- Other Unique Measurements: Software can also calculate true position, flatness, circularity, parallelism, perpendicularity, straightness, and concentricity.
Laser Measurement and Calibration Solutions
Additional features of Chalmers & Kubeck’s laser tracker include:
- Magnetic Base: A magnetic base enables setup of the laser tracker in clustered areas while giving it the versatility to mount horizontally.
- Punch Mark Nest: The nest permits precise punch marks used for centerlines and machining.
- Integrated Precision Level: This level allows for measurements taken by the tracker to correlate with the gravity vector.
- Software Analysis: CAD files can be incorporated into the software to compare actual dimensions to theoretical dimensions.
- Point to Point Accuracy: The typical margin of error seen for an inline distance measurement over 174 feet is 0.0015 inches.
We calibrate our laser tracker and related equipment in accordance with our ISO 9001:2015 program.
Chalmers & Kubeck Provides for Your Laser Tracker Service Needs
Chalmers & Kubeck is confident that our laser metrology equipment will meet your needs. We have service and support standing by 24 hours per day, seven days per week, 365 days per year. Our experience and expertise are unparalleled in the industry.
We look forward to working with you and providing you with the very best metrology services in the industry. For any questions about our services or to set up an appointment, please contact us today.