Location: Decatur AL | Job Type: Full Time | Pay Type: Hourly
• Insurance-Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, and Voluntary Life (Employee, Spouse, and Children)
• Company-Paid Long-Term Disability and Basic Life Insurance.
• 401k with Company Match
• Paid Holidays, Sick and Vacation Time
Valve technicians will perform the following tasks, but are not limited to: disassemble, inspect, install, and test valves in the shop at specified locations. Other responsibilities include sandblasting, polishing, and cleaning parts, as well as entering data into ValvKeep, and installing or replacing components.
Applicants must have good mechanical aptitude. Chalmers and Kubeck South will provide on-the-job training for qualified applicants. Mechanical and safety valve work history or experience is preferred, but not required.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Must follow attendance and punctuality to company policy.
• High School Diploma/GED required.
• Must pass background check and drug test.
• Travel is required for this position.
• Safely function in an industrial setting where manufacturing conditions exist.
• Ability to use overhead crane and/or hoist.
• Ability to use appropriate gauges and measurements.
• Must have the ability to use various mechanical tools.
• Meet quality and productivity requirements.
• Ability and willingness to use the company designated personal protective equipment.
• Visual ability to read directions, prints, and gauges.
• Some heavy lifting required.