Copes Vulcan Trim, Copes-Vulcan
The HUSH® trim is an innovative concept in control valve trim designed by Copes-Vulcan for high pressure drop liquid, gas, and steam applications.
HUSH® is a cage guided trim that provides excellent control by directing the flow through a series of staged pressure drops. Cavitation, excessive leakage, hazardous noise, vibration and mechanical failures can be eliminated with HUSH trim – reducing down time and expensive maintenance costs.
Features And Benefits
- HUSH® trim provides a cost effective option for severe duty applications where stacked disc trim is not required.
- Resolves existing problems for both compressible and noncompressible fluid flow applications.
- Pressure breakdown occurs in stages within the cage away from the plug surface, extending seat and trim life.
- Generally limits noise to 85dBa or less
- Multiple pressure drops prevent sonic velocity from occurring within valve
- Prevents aerated liquids from eroding trim and valve parts
- AMETEK / US Gauge